NERIKOH - JAPANESE INCENSE
There are two divisions of Japanese incense, one that can be heated, and the other burned. Kneaded incense balls or Nerikoh is incense meant to be heated, dating back thousands of years to China and Japan. Made with finely ground herbs, resin, and fresh material including honey, students will experience different types of Nerikoh, learn it's history, and then make and take home their own kneaded Nerikoh incense.
MATERIALS INCLUDED AND SHIPPED TO YOU:
- A Kit of Incense Herbs - Woods, Resins, Leaves, Flowers, and Seeds
- Treated Honey
- Ume Plum
- Tools List and How to Prep For Class
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Two Bowls - One to craft your incense, the other as an incense burner.
- Coffee Grinder
- Medium Sized Mortar and Pestle
- Measuring Spoons
- Dried Apricot (Optional)
MEET ME THROUGH ZOOM:
- SATURDAY, September 19
- 10am - 12:30pm Pacific Time
- I'll send an email with details and a Zoom link.