There are two divisions of incense, one that can be heated, and the other burned. Kneaded incense balls or Nerikoh is incense meant to be heated, dating back thousands of years to China and Japan. Made with finely ground herbs, resin, and fresh materials including honey, guests will experience different types of Nerikoh, learn Nerikoh's history, learn how to create and incense warmer, and then make their own kneaded Nerikoh Incense.
MATERIALS INCLUDED AND SHIPPED TO YOU:
- A Kit of Incense Herbs - Woods, Resins, Leaves, Flowers, and Seeds
- Treated Honey
- Ume Plum
- Tools List and How to Prep For Class
- Incense Ash
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- One small bowl to craft your incense.
- One bowl as an incense burner about the size of a small matcha tea bowl.
- Coffee Grinder
- Medium Sized Mortar and Pestle
- Measuring Spoons
- Dried Fruit (Optional)
- Butter Knife
- Inexpensive Metal Chopstick
- Incense Utensil Set (Optional)
MEET ME THROUGH ZOOM:
- SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2022
- 11am - 2pm Pacific Time
- I'll send a Zoom link a day before the class.